Wood blinds are considered to be the easiest window coverings to clean. They are basically made of wood. They require a minimal regular cleaning routine, after which they are always going to look superb! Many people want to know, which is the best way to clean wood blinds? So here are some of the ways in which you can actually make them look amazing.
- Dust them well: you can treat the wood blinds as part of your furniture and yes they are definitely a part of your home décor. So whenever you are dusting out all your items which mainly includes all the furniture make sure that you do not leave these wood blinds out. Use the same products that you use for dusting regularly on your blinds.
- Make sure you use your vacuum attachment: every time you clean your house you will need to put that attachment at the end of your vacuum. You might use the vacuum to clean all your furniture so make sure you do not leave the wood blinds, this will ensure that they remain clean form time to time and please the eyes of your visitors.
- Make sure you do not use water: wood blinds are sealed and treated in a way so that they protect the natural materials, but make sure that you avoid the use of water in order to get the blinds cleaned. This may result in bubbling, sagging, bowing and other deformities. All you need while you clean them is a dry cloth.
What are the things that you need to consider before you buy these wood blinds?
Wood blinds come in various sizes and shapes. They are basically designed to control the sunlight, enhance the privacy. They can also help you save some bucks on your energy bills, here are some considerations that you need to make before you buy new blinds next time:
- The routless wood blinds control more light as compared to the routed wood blinds. These routless blinds will help and provide a better control over the light by getting rid of the need for the little holes found in the routed blinds. They also provide a greater coverage which will give your room a lot more privacy.
- They are resistant to moisture, thus they tend to be ideal for humid or splash areas which might include the bathrooms or the kitchen. This also implies that they are resistant to mold or the build – up of algae.
- There are various textures and styles from which you can choose. All you need to do is match the style for the overall look of your room or house and feel the warmth in your own space.
- In order to get an appropriate fit you need to measure it accurately and then place the order. When the blinds are perfectly measured they can be easy to install, they block more light and also end up giving your overall look a pleasant and professional finish.
- You need to choose well between the inside and outside mounts since these have different measures and also have different directions for installations. You need to follow the directions which are specific to the mount that you go in for. Keep your measurements as accurate to the smallest unit as possible.
The final thing that you need to consider is that how are your blinds going to fit into the overall look of your room. For this you will have to consider the style of your furniture, the wall colour, carpet, lighting, colour and the texture, this will help you select the right wood blind for your private space.