Have you experienced that when you were ready to leave your home for the office, but when you insert the key in your door lock, you see that it is not working?
You have checked the original key, and when you try to turn it, the key was not working your tried again and again forcefully, and even your key got broken and stuck in the lock.
You had replaced that lock. We will guide you with some details that will help you to keep your door locks and key secure from damages.
Do not worry when you have faced such problems; there can be some simple reasons that need to remove, and you will be able to operate your door lock with ease.
Please read our article on what causes power door locks to stop working? And explore reasons for occurring such problems.
When you have found that your power door lock is not working properly, there can be some minor reasons for that; here are some pertinent causes.
• When you face that problem, check your key, is there any mark or damage with your key. If your lock key is faulty, then go with a replacement or use the available duplicate key.
• Check the fuse of your car, sometimes it happens with the old cars that fuse the car blown and stop working.
• There can be a problem due to damage to the wiring system of the car. For that purpose, you should hold the lock switch up and down and try to open the door again and again.
• Sometimes our car AC can cause the problem; due to humidity, parts of the locks got rusted and caused operations problems.
• If you are a resident of a cold area, your power lock can become inoperative due to cold weather. For that purpose, you can use the de-icer to remove the problems. If you do not have a de-icer, your simple hairdryer can be a good option.
• Sometimes debris and dust can cause such problems; to get rid of that, you can use lubrication oil. Put your key in the lubricant oil and make it wet. After wetting your key, insert in the lock and turn it again and again, remove the problems of debris or dust.
• There can be breakage of some internal parts of your door locks, so do not get worried and do not put much force on it. You should get it to check most of the time at the initial stage of the problem; you may repair the power lock with little cost.
You have read this article about what causes power door locks to stop working? It is a common problem that our power locks stop working.
It does not mean you need early replacement of lock, there can be some minor reasons that we explained above, and these can remove easily.
Nicholas Stewart was born and raised in Florida. He works as a freelancer since he was just 16. He jointed at a literary development company after his graduation. Still now he works online and makes a lot of money at home. He completed his graduate degree at Saint Leo University. His favorite sport is football. He loves to travel. Sometimes he makes a tour with his family.